Neals Creek’s first house of worship was erected in 1803 about three fourths of a mile northeast of the present church building and was built of logs. John Vandiver, the great grandfather of D.S. and E. P. Vandiver, donated the land on which the church was built. The seats in the first log building were made of split logs, the split side being made smooth with a “drawing knife”…at tool with a blade 2 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long with a handle on each end. Two medium sized logs were laid on the ground 12 feet apart and the seats were placed across them. Notches were cut in the logs to keep the seats from turning over. The floor was also made of split logs fitted together. This building was used some 16 years.